Understanding the Pros and Cons of Metal Roofing
When it comes to metal roofing needs, Patriots Roofing Services only uses the best metal roofing shingles from a reputable supplier. We collaborate with one of the world’s metal roofing leaders to provide you with a foolproof solution for your residential or commercial property. Here is some important information you can use to decide whether metal roofing is the best solution for your roofing needs.
Work with a Reliable Roofing Company
The roofing is your home or building’s shield against harsh environmental elements. When this is compromised, it can adversely impact the structure of your entire building. As such, you must only work with a reliable company that offers the best materials and services. We have outlined the benefits and minor disadvantages of metal roofing for you. Peruse them below so you can make an informed choice.
Make an Educated Decision
When you need to invest in new roofing, weigh in the advantages and disadvantages of metal roofing versus traditional materials like wood, tile, or asphalt. Seeing these factors will help you decide without regrets.
The Benefits of Metal Roofing:
Metal roofing comes in aluminum, steel, alloys, and other metals, depending on the supplier. It comes with many perks making it a sound investment.
- Durable: This material assures durability and longevity because it is resistant to mildew, rot, and infestation. It is also strong enough to weather storms, snow, and extreme sunlight. When installed properly, they can last from 20 up to 50 years.
- Noncombustible: Most metal roofs have a Class A fire rating, the highest resistance to fire. When it comes to your home or commercial building, you want the most fire-retardant materials.
- Lightweight: Compared with other materials, metal roofing is light. Because of this, there is no undue pressure on your building’s structure. This can be directly applied to other materials without additional supportive devices. Moreover, lightweight assures easy installation, reducing your downtime.
- Saves energy: Metal can help you save on energy bills. Each panel comes with 12 to 36 inches of thickness, which is enough to minimize the heat during the hottest time of the day. Moreover, metal has the power to reflect the sun’s heat. You can use less air conditioning and lower your electricity consumption.
Just like anything available in the market, metal roofing is not perfect for every homeowner. Being aware of them helps you to deal with possible setbacks.
- Price: It can be more expensive than other materials. However, the investment will save you money in the long run because there is no need for frequent repairs.
- Noise: When the rainy season comes, the raindrops can make a tapping sound on a metal roof. Many people, however, enjoy the soft sounds of the rain and more current materials minimize the sound.
- Accessibility: This can be slippery when wet, so doing maintenance can be challenging. However, your roofing service provider will take care of any concerns. Patriot Roofing has the necessary tools, equipment, and experienced staff to address your roofing concerns.
Examine Different Styles
Before deciding on the type of GAF roof shingles for your property, you must peruse the catalog first. There are various GAF roofing styles, colors, materials, and specifications to suit your home or commercial building’s style and theme. For best results, touch base with us for a free consultation at 904-413-7725 or 904-509-7732. We are happy to help you select the best metal roofing solution to improve your property’s curbside appeal.