There are many types of roofing materials, and choosing the best for your home can be a bit confusing. In Florida, we typically see shingles, clay tile and metal roofs, although other types like cedar shakes or solar tiles are found occasionally.
Making a decision about the right material for your roof involves several things: cost, personal style, HOA restrictions, and location. We are ready to talk with you about the pros and cons of each type of roof material and help you make the right decision for your home and budget.
Patriot Roofing works with GAF Shingles because of the quality and durability they offer. These shingles are available in many styles and colors. Click here to see the available colors and styles.
We also offer metal roofing, which is also available in a number of colors and styles. Metal roofing is durable and some styles even look like shingles. Despite myths to the contrary, metal roofing is not noisier than a shingle roof, does not interfere with WiFi, and does not attract lightning.
A Quick Guide to Metal Roofing
When it comes to metal roofing needs, Patriots Roofing Services only use the best metal roofing shingles from a reputable supplier. We collaborate with GAF, one of the world’s metal roofing leaders, to provide you with a foolproof solution for your residential or commercial property.
Work with a Reliable Company
The roofing is your home or building’s shield against the harsh environmental elements. When this is compromised, it can adversely impact the structure of your entire building. As such, you must only work with a reliable company that offers the best materials and services. We have outlined the benefits and minor disadvantages of metal roofing for you. Peruse them below so you can make an informed choice.
Make an Educated Decision
When you need to invest in new roofing, weigh in the advantages and disadvantages of metal roofing versus traditional materials like wood, tile, or asphalt. Seeing these factors will help you decide without regrets.
The Benefits of Metal Roofing:
Metal roofing comes in aluminum, steel, alloys, and other metals, depending on the supplier. It comes with many perks making it a sound investment.
- Durable: This material assures durability and longevity because it is resistant to mildew, rot, and infestation. It is also strong enough to weather storms, snow, and extreme sunlight. When installed properly, they can last from 20 up to 50 years.
- Noncombustible: Most metal roofs have a Class A fire rating, the highest resistance to fire. When it comes to your home or commercial building, you want the most fire-retardant materials.
- Lightweight: Compared with other materials, metal roofing is light. Because of this, there is no undue pressure on your building’s structure. This can be directly applied to other materials without additional supportive devices. Moreover, lightweight assures easy installation, reducing your downtime.
- Saves energy: Metal can help you save on energy bills. Each panel comes with 12 to 36 inches of thickness, which is enough to minimize the heat during the hottest time of the day. Moreover, metal has the power to reflect the sun’s heat. You can use less air conditioning and lower your electricity consumption.
The Downsides of Metal Roofing:
Just like anything available in the market, metal roofing is not perfect. It does come with minor disadvantages. Being aware of them helps you to deal with possible setbacks.
- Price: It can be quite pricey compared to other materials. However, the big investment will save you money in the long run because there is no need for frequent repairs.
- Noise: When the rainy season comes, the raindrops can make a tapping sound on a metal roof. You can mitigate this by applying materials to drown out the noise.
- Accessibility: This can be slippery when wet, so doing maintenance cleaning can be challenging. However, this is not your problem because your roofing service provider will take care of this issue. A provider like us has the necessary tools, equipment, and experienced staff to address your roofing concerns.
Examine Different Metal Roof Styles
Before deciding on the type of GAF roof shingles for your property, you must peruse the catalog first. There are various GAF roofing styles, colors, materials, and specifications to suit your home or commercial building’s style and theme. For best results, touch-base with us for a free consultation at 904-412-7725 or 904-509-7732. We are happy to help you select the best metal roofing solution to improve your property’s curbside appeal.
Patriot Roofing Services Will Help You Review Your Roofing Options
Contact Patriot Roofing Services today to discuss all of your options for replacing your roof. We look forward to helping you improve the look of your home!